Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Is it just me - or does it seem that Thanksgiving isn't nearly as good as when we were young? I long for my Grandmother's thanksgiving dinner! The moist yummy turkey, pies, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes and awesome gravy - not to mention the apple butter and homemade jelly that she always had! She had a home that was conducive to entertaining and visiting too. Thanksgivings were just better in those days - elusive nowadays. I'm not saying that I didn't have a good holiday because I did. I just miss the Thanksgivings when I was young. I also miss the family that I knew as a child - the family before divorces and deaths and everyone scattering to the four winds. Does it just seem like things were better then - or were they really better?

1 comment:

calmrapids said...

This has made me think! Yes, it was better when we were younger. I loved to set my grandmother's table. I loved to look at all of her dishes and choose which glasses to use and how to fold the napkins fancy. I think maybe when we get older some of the magic is lost--it turns into just a lot of work for a dinner.