A couple of weeks ago I had a little get together here at the house. Of course it was Halloween themed, so I wanted all the food to match. I was going for an all orange and black food list
which required some research on my part. I found some interesting new recipes that I thought I would share.
Also, Cory showed me how to add a link so I needed to test my new skills.
Pumpkin Cheese Ball - there is no pumpkin in this, that is the name because of the shape. It was really good and quite simple.
Golden Wedding Punch - absolutely
delicious! I was bloated by the end of the evening because I couldn't leave it alone.
Pumpkin Bars - at the top,
Tex Mex Black Bean Dip - which didn't turn out as black as I had hoped. I have made this again just for Cory and I and I doubled the recipe and used one can of regular black beans and one of
re-fried black beans and it made it darker. I liked the texture better too because those little black beans are kind of hard to mash like the recipe tells you too. And I left out the corn - I didn't want the yellow. And then
Savory Party Bread - which was to die for but doesn't keep well after a few hours. I realize that this did not fit in with the pronounced color scheme - but I wanted something else. I thought about making it with cheddar cheese (for the orange) but didn't think I should veer from the recipe when I hadn't even tried it before.

I served the black bean dip with those dark (blue corn, I think) chips, which were great. I also made just a regular chocolate cookie recipe but added some chopped up orange colored melting chocolate which really looked nice for my color scheme.
The night was a success - the food was a success and I was thrilled with these new recipes!
3 comments:
You made a TON of food! I can't wait to try some of those recipes. Everything was so cute and festive...good job!
I can't believe you did all these yourself! I think 2 is a lot of cooking!! I LOVE Halloween so I really wish you lived close so I could have come to your get together. :) The bread and pumpkin ball cheese dip look like my favorite! I'll have to try all of them since tis the time for pumpkin! Hope to see you when you come for Diane's surgery.
I was wondering where you got the orange chips. I've been looking for them. Now I know your secret! And your food is so yummy! It's nice to have a friend who is such a great cook!!
Post a Comment