Thursday, January 6, 2011

Canvas???

I have decided that I must tell you about my favorite gift that I got for Christmas, (other than Cam being home, of course). A few weeks before Christmas Cory informed me that my Christmas present would be arriving the next day and to tell (caution, instruct, warn, plead, beg) me not to open it. I don't have a good reputation for being patient and mature about gifts. I usually snoop. What can I say - I like getting gifts. Anyway, this big box did arrive the following afternoon and I brought it in the foyer and set it there until Cory got home. I did look at the return address and you know, the box and all - but I swear, I DID NOT open it! When Cory got home he had to open it to see "how it turned out". Then he took it into the kitchen and left it there opened (I could have easily peeked and no one would have known). There must have been the word "canvas" somewhere on the box and so in my mind I was thinking "canvas, canvas what could that be - I don't need a canvas bag!" For some reason I wasn't really tempted because of that word "canvas". I swear that I did not open that box, or in any way peek at that present - I even had to wrap it for myself - but since I had "canvas bag" in my mind it was easy for me to do. Cory kept accusing me of peeking at it and I kept denying it and will continue to do so. On Christmas morning I opened what ranks right up there with THE most thoughtful gifts Cory has ever gotten me. He sent in a photo that he took when we were on our trip to Santiago, Chile last year. It was a picture of our favorite day on that trip - the day we took a bus tour out to Valpariso and Vina Del Mar and where we sat on a deck out on the beautiful blue water and had the best meal of the entire trip - where we both commented how glad we were to be together, happy and still in love. It was one of my favorite days in our 22 years together and so he had them put the photo on "canvas" and it now hangs on our bedroom wall. He just keeps getting better and better.

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Birt said...

What a wonderful gift...can't wait to see it.