Monday, November 10, 2008

Too nice.

I am way too nice. I learned it from my mother. I wait on people. I am constantly trying to please people. I work hard to anticipate others' needs. This is how I show my love. I want to feed you good food, I want to make you comfortable, I want to make your life easier. In every way I want to meet your temporal needs. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I assume everyone is like this - or should be. I get my feelings hurt when people close to me don't show their love in this same way. It just makes sense. In what other ways can you show you love someone but by being considerate of their time and feelings? Saying the words is just shallow if the words aren't backed up by some committed actions.

This is true in relation to our love of God. It isn't enough to just say the words - He expects our love for Him to motivate us into showing our love.

1 comment:

Becky A said...

I'm glad you are blogging. I have been thinking a lot about you lately. This post makes me think of the book "The Five Love Languages" (or something to that effect) Have you read it? Everyone has their own way of showing love, and that is also the way we want others to show their love for us. The problem is, others may not see your "language" the same as you do, they feel love most when you are speaking their "language", and showing it is the same. If you've read the book, this is a wasted LOOOONG comment.
I enjoy your kindness. You have taken good care of me in the past! Love ya!