Sunday, July 5, 2009

13 Things I Realized on My Trip to Europe

I just got back from Prague and Vienna, as you know. These are some of my ponderings while there. You can truly appreciate the deep thinker that I am.

1. Black bras go with anything, common knowledge in Europe I guess, too bad I don't own one.

2. European women have much firmer butts and legs because they walk up and down stairs so much. I have stairs in my house and don't do the same amount of stairs in a year as I did while there for a week! I have been inspired!

3. We pride ourselves on being so much more clean in the U.S. - but they have us on those bidets. Why haven't those ever caught on over here?

4. Europeans don't enjoy a "cold" drink like we do. I think their refrigerator's must only cool to 60 degrees or something, and are incapable of producing ice.

5. Shoes are more form over function to most Europeans. In this area I will always be obvious as an American.

6. Flirting is a universal language but no one does it better than the Europeans!

7. Eating yucky cheese is a European acquired taste. We in the U.S. may be unsophisticated in our taste in cheese but I can live with that.

8. Some form of bread should be eaten with every meal (I am adopting this rule).

9. Wearing white pants with a black thong - is too hard NOT to stare at.

10. Air conditioning is rare and often unnecessary in Europe (plus eco-sensitive) - but in this I am a true American!

11. Smoking is the disgusting norm, and you can't avoid it anywhere you go!

12. Everywhere is "dog friendly" and they love and train their dogs to be a part of daily life even in the city.

13. Most American merchandise and pop culture is bigger in Europe than it is here, (it may sound egotistical but they are obsessed with us!).

4 comments:

Becky A said...

nice insight. I don't think i will ever have the opportunity to travel to europe, you lucky girl...can't imagine the black thong thing. I would stare, too.

calmrapids said...

Love your list!
Loved lunch the other day--the highlight of my week!

calmrapids said...

p.s. I love your "Count your blessings" sign. Very cute!

Shaury said...

Nice trip wrap up. The yucky cheese is what gets me. I've given up getting cheese samples at the grocery store for fear it will be the gross kind.