Some of you might not know it but I am currently in Prague. You can't help but compare things to what you know from the U.S. Here are some things that I have been noticing while I have been here.
People are WAY more affectionate. I have seen folks making out, hugging or holding hands all over the place. I think it's kinda nice.
People are more accepting. You can wear anything, your hair can look any way, you can smell any way, you can be any size or shape and it seems no one gives it a second thought. We are all so cookie cutter in the U.S.
The public transport system is awesome all over Europe. If we are so smart why can't we compete here?
The stores here are just little holes in walls with stuff crammed in them. We have these huge places where you can listen to music, get your nails or hair done and bank. It is just different, thats all.
Those are just some of my ponderings so far. It is kinda nice that I am sitting here in the lobby of the hotel on this computer and I haven't showered since yesterday or washed my hair in two or three days (why bother since I can't fix it anyway?) and none of my clothes match and I'm not wearing a bra. I have a hat on and no makeup and I seem to fit right in. Maybe this is where I really belong?
5 comments:
that sounds like where I belong! Glad you are having a great time.
I loved that about Italy, that everybody has there own style and you all fit in no matter what. I don't like the snottyness of Americans. I could grow my leg hairs long and feel good about myself. No bra made me laugh. I went the whole day like that the other day working in the yard and it felt goooood. I wish I were there with you, I'd love it. You should have invited me, stink breath. ha ha I can say that since you probably smell. :) I'm gonna go look up Prague cause I still don't know where it is...and i asked you when you were visiting.
Oh and I love the shopping too. Even Mexico is like that. I loved the open markets in Europe. fresh air and good deals. And the affection thing is totally me! I guess I should have married a foreigner??
That sounds like a wonderful vacation. Did you go by yourself? I love to see & get to know different cultures. It always makes me thankful for my own. Can't wait to see ya in a few weeks.
It's so good to see a new place. It certainly can open your eyes and teach us something. Whenever I've gone to Mexico and S America, I see lots of public displays of affection. It's kind of nice actually--it's not dirty but passionate and loving. They really show how they feel and aren't self-conscious about it. Maybe here we're too worried about what others will think of us.
I don't know about the bathing/shaving thing--maybe it's a good idea I didn't get to go with you. j/k
I can't even imagine you not bathing or washing your hair, etc. for that long! You must be a very "different" Paige while traveling?!
Post a Comment