Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mother of a Senior


Well, today is the last day of school - so I guess I am now the mother of a senior! I'm not sure how this happened - it seems like he was born a couple of weeks ago. Who is this man living in my house - what happened to the cute chubby baby or the little guy in glasses that used to hang around. Where does the time go? I still feel the same but he has changed so drastically. He drives a car now - he has a job! He is way taller than me and much stronger - but is he really one year away from not needing me anymore? Will he be ready to be on his own so soon?

8 comments:

queenbee4 said...

He'll still need you in a year. He'll need laundry done... and maybe a cookie or two. Oh, and the shopping- he won't be able to be bothered with any of that.

The truth is, if you've done a good job... which I think you have thus far; they aren't supposed to need us. Sad but true. I want my kids to be independant, I have purposely raised them to do things for themselves...but I still feel a little twinge in my heart when they don't need me. Thus is the cycle of life. But really, the truth is, we all need our mom's at some point.

queenbee4 said...

As my grandmother always said...

"Don't worry about this phase, the next one's worse."

See, now don't you feel better already?

Diane B said...

We never stop "needing" our moms no matter how old we are.

Diane B said...

I'm only 62, and now an orphan, but I still need and feel my Mother. In fact, maybe I need her more now than when I was 18.

Pop

Shaury said...

I noticed the other day at Jonah's school some of the older boys (like the 6th graders) are so tall & so big I can't image having one of my babies be bigger then me, but I guess it's right around the corner.
I can't believe Cam's that old.

Angela said...

What a darling pic of Cam. See I can totally see Cam in Logan. It's the deep set eyes and arched eyebrows...and of course the cute curls. I was just looking at baby pics of Tierra yesterday and I want her back! If T and Cam lived in the same city they would be in the same school next year. Like T and Shae will be. I'm sooo excited for her to start High School...much better than Jr. high. But i too don't know if she will be able to go out on her own..they seem so young and innocent!

Becky A said...

that is one of my favorite pictures of him! SOOOO cute! awww, where DID that round little guy go? He's awesome.

calmrapids said...

I think it's so amazing to see them grow up and be ready for that next big step! It's exciting to see how they do in college or on a mission. You really get some payback when you see them making it on their own and doing good at it.

Cam's such an awesome kid, I know you're proud already.