Alright, this is my first summer working in many many years. It really puts a damper on things. Cameron is off and lazing around the house. My friend Liz is off and doing fun things with her kids. In fact, I think most of my friends ARE home. I feel jealous and ornery about the whole thing! I like the job - but in the summer it feels inconvenient.
5 comments:
I know what you mean. I am always so happy to furlough for the summer months, and if it ever looks like I might have to work them, I get really ornery, too.
I'll be "Donna Downer" & say just be glad you have a job.
Shaury or "Donna" - are you still looking for a job?
I totally feel like that everyday of my life when I worked. I just always feel guilty when I'm away from home, luckily my cleaning job doesn't do that to me since i'm only gone 3 hrs. a week! But it should feel easier having a senior since they don't need to be entertained constantly like little kids. He probably likes you being gone (just because I liked my mom at work when I was a teen in the summer) :)
My kids are are still mostly at the "entertain me" stage. So, while it's nice to sleep in and take it easy, I have to come up with things to do. If I don't then the TV or the wii is on ALL day and that drives me crazy! And I think it drives the kids crazy, too--they have really short tempers and they just need to get outside!
Post a Comment