Every year Cory goes on "the baseball trip". A group of men from his home town have gotten together for years for this trip - a different destination every year. The original plan was for them to see every baseball park. I think some of them are on their second or third rotation though. The "chosen" few who get invited to attend this annual trip differ in size, shape, age, occupation and education - they just all love baseball and have some specific South Weber tie (to Craig or Cory, I guess). And the one rule it seems is that they can't complain about the accommodations or food - because it's not about that. It is all about being with the guys and baseball!
This year they are in Philly, Baltimore and DC. All those parks are fairly close together so it should be a fun filled week for them. I was sad this year that Cam didn't get to attend as he is enrolled in a couple college classes. And Nolan didn't get to go because of his responsibility at the temple. There was a last minute cancellation which allowed Larry to go and I was glad for that because Cory and Larry never do get to spend enough time together.
So, Cory and Larry left yesterday and all is quiet and peaceful here at home - even Cam said today that it seems more calm here when Dad is gone - it does.
2 comments:
I'm glad Larry got to go too! He just text me naming the sights they are seeing in DC at this very minute. I went there with my mom when I was 18, wish I could go back! I like their "rules". Larry talks about at what age does he think Hudson will be able to join them and not complain about the walking or anything else too. ha ha Ray is always so excited at church the 2 Sundays before talking about shagging quarters etc. It's a great group of guys and glad Larry and Cory can do this. Hopefully Cam and Nolan will be able to go next year since Cam will be on his mission for next 2 summers after that. I braved the drive-in with the kids last night, I miss Larry already!
I think the baseball trip idea is totally cool. Great idea!
Post a Comment