Thursday, April 9, 2009

Picture the Past


I have always liked this picture of Cory and Larry - for several reasons. The back says it is 1977, which means Cory is 11 and Larry is 7, maybe he just turned 8. First, I like the pajamas. Cory is wearing his Steelers pajamas. There has never been any rational reason for him to like the Steelers (he isn't from Pittsburgh and probably doesn't even know anyone who is) from such an early age - but as you can see, he did. Also, Larry is in Dallas pajamas, which are tucked in by the way (old school). I know he feels like he got the shaft from whoever bought these pajamas, poor kid (he is an avid Steeler fan too). Second, I love the expression on Cory's face - the smirk. He is enjoying himself, that's what the smirk means. He told me that he and Larry made up this football game that they are playing at the table, apparently they played it quite a bit. I also like Larry's expression - pure uninhibited joy. I have always been so impressed with the relationship between these two. There is four years age difference, but they have always enjoyed each other so much. They genuinely "like" each other, like if they weren't brothers they would still be friends. I bet this picture makes them wish they could spend more time together. I wonder if they can remember how to play this game after all these years??

8 comments:

Shaury said...

What a great picture. It reminds me of my two boys. Jonah would be smirking & Ezra would have that look of pure joy. I love my brothers! And my boys for that matter.

Becky A said...

Cute brothers! I thought the same thing, Shaury, about Jonah and Ez.
Gotta love those tucked in pajamas...

Diane B said...

Pajamas out is a girls thing! I raised 3 girls, but these two aren't them.

pcb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pcb said...

Diane is there a pajama "tucking" rule that I don't know about. The won't stay tucked in bed anyway.

Angela said...

Pajama's and sweats are never to be tucked in. ha ha I can't believe Larry is donning Dallas Cowboys. I was a Cowboy fan when we met and he set me straight! Shaury, it is totally true in my boys too. Hudson is the type to have the smirk and Parks would be laughing his head off.

Diane B said...

Nolan left the "tuck-in" comment.

pcb said...

I wanted this to be about the nice relationship between Cory and Larry and everyone is talking about tucking in or not.