We were having a great time laughing and talking while we floated along - I know somewhere along the way Diane mentioned that she needed to go to the bathroom (because Diane always has to go to the bathroom!). Anyway, it got to the point where she was in some kind of tortured state because she was actually sitting in water, hearing the water and feeling the water and having to go very bad - well let's just say she finally just had to "let it go". We laughed so hard, so thoroughly and so completely that I remember feeling so...happy! This is us coming back in after our hilarious rafting experience. Look at her disgusted face. Also, check out how svelt Brandon is - nice!
Cam and Tierra occupying themselves at the campsite.
Later on at the campfire. Doesn't Odie look a lot like Abby?
Cory mesmerized by the fire (why do men love fire so much?).
It was a happy fun time as you can see by all of our faces. We need another family trip (one where we actually get to come). Remembering this rafting trip really perked me up. Thanks Diane!
10 comments:
I am crying! that was one of the funniest times EVER! and oh, to be that cute again...
a few more comments...
Brandon was HOT!
Abby has recently acquired that Pepsi hoodie of Shaury's, and wears it to every camping/weenie roast since. I just bought my boys "sarapes" like I am wearing around the campfire, and I still feel great whenever I wear a bandanna like that. Thanks for the post, Paige.
Beck, you do look cute! And look how long Shaury's hair is. What you can see of me looks exactly the same. Grandpa looks a lot better (younger) too.
What a very FUN post! I'm sorry you've been feeling down lately. I thought of you as I ran to the dr., ran to the store, ran to the high school, ran to the scout shop, etc. So much for my day off to get together with friends.
If I'm not mistaken this was up Ogden Canyon at Grandma and Grandpa's Church camp site (see the white building behind Tierra and Cam).
Is there a difference between rafting and tubing? I only ask given my pedigree as the grandson of a professional river guide.
You have a pedigree? Are you a dog or a 16th century English nobleman? Just come out and say it was the wrong word - ding dong!
Actually, Cory's blood lines do run into the castles of England. Maybe, not royalty, but who knows his great, great, great grandpa was a gardener for the Queen.
I still wouldn't be there to do that heavy rafting. What about the water giant?
It's Pop.
Looking at the first pics..i was sure it was long before i was in the fam...then there's Tierra! I only remember taking my nephew Torrey and him and Cam playing. And sitting in Gram. Chris' trailor waiting for everyone else to show up and her feeding us treats. But I must say...peeing while "tubing" is an automatic thing for me every run down! No biggie. :) Me and my family still go to this same spot annually and tube! (Actually we now enjoy Perception Park campground.) It's a tradition that hopefully lasts forever! Cory's slip is something I would say and Larry'd never let me live it down! ha ha ha
Another awesome post. That experience is burnt into my memory. We laughed so hard tubing. Paige you are ageless, & I don't remember Brandon looking like that. That must have been right before I met David because I cut my hair the day before I met him. Ah memories.
I have gotten much "mileage" out of that good laugh over the years. What fun that was...thanks for sharing it with us again. AND my guess is that all of you did the same as I while laughing down the river! Isn't that just automatic???
Post a Comment