First Layer
1 pouch Betty Crocker double chocolate chunk cookie mix
1/4 C vegetable oil
2 T water
1 egg
Heat oven to 350 - Spray bottom and sides of 13X9 inch pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl - stir cookie pouch and other ingredients until soft dough forms. Press into bottom of pan.
Filling
1 8 ox pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C butter or margarine softened
2 T flour
1 t vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 C mini marshmallows
In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, butter, flour, vanilla and egg with mixer until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread over first layer and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips. Bake for 26 to 28 minutes or until filling is set. Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows and bake 2 minutes longer.
Frosting
1/2 C butter or margarine
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/3 C milk
3 C powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
1 C chopped pecans
In saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cocoa and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla with wire whisk until smooth and then mix in the pecans. Pour immediately over marshmallows spreading gently to cover. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled before serving. Cut into bars. Store covered in fridge.
I made this new recipe yesterday - and loved it. It won Honorable Mention in the 2007 Betty Crocker Cooking competition. It may be too much for some but for me (with the major sweet tooth) it really fit the bill! I was tempted to eat it warm (and did) but it is actually much better cold (which I also did). I almost messed up by using a whole package of chocolate chips (as is usually called for in recipes) and then read the recipe closer, so be careful with that. It is a little more effort than I like for most desserts but I will do it every now and again. Enjoy!!
6 comments:
YUM! Thanks! We loved it and will make it! One of the perks of having you as my visiting teacher--you're a GREAT cook!
Thanks for the recipe. I've drooled all over the keyboard.
those sound really yummy. I love trying new kinds of dessert recipes, thanks for sharing...
I took a large plate of these to work and they didn't last even half of the day. They're good! Somebody said they wished they could "marry Paige" .... Oddly, it was a woman ... %$#@!$
That took a lot of effort to type that up. I'm not fond of chocolate and for sure anything that takes effort melting chocolate is out of the question for me. Maybe you can make it for my kids the next time you come...you've got nothing else to do here! :) they'd love it!
Okay so i looked a little closer and there is no melting chocolate...just cocoa...but even the cream cheese wards me off cause it's so messy and stiff. I'm just not a dessert person so my poor kids suffer.
Post a Comment