Monday, April 6, 2009

Les Mis



Last weekend we went to see Les Mis - it was wonderful! "I Dreamed a Dream" has been in my head ever since - I thought you might like it in your head too. I thought Marius' voice was very dreamy!

We have had these tickets since December. We had to strong arm Cam into going with us. Last week he heard that an old baseball teammate (who quit the team to pursue his acting) was in the play - this made him slightly more interested. He ended up enjoying it, as Cory and I did.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Wasn't it good?

I purchased our Phantom tickets Saturday. They don't go on sale to the general public until the 16th or the 19th. We are going July 16th and have AWESOME (and expensive!) seats.

pcb said...

I want tickets to "Fiddler on the Roof" coming soon and "The Sound of Music" in December. We will see if my feminine whiles will work with my husband.

Cory said...

I read this blog too ... occasionally. TIP: If you disclose a strategy you plan to employ against me, it probably won't be as effective.

Cory said...

Okay ... you can go to Sound of Music. I know it holds a special place in your heart given your prior life as a stage performer! Maybe you can go to that one with friends .... ?????

As for Fiddler on the Roof, I want to go to that one. Will you say "yes", if I ask you on a date?

pcb said...

Have I ever said "no"?

Angela said...

I loved reading you and Cory having a private conversation together. It was romantic. I had to check the time he wrote his second comment...i thought maybe you had used your "feminine whiles" and it had worked...but it was only a 20 minute difference so i guess he just gave in on his own. Which shows he loves you. aahhhh. I'm not big into musicals..although i think all of those you mentioned would be good, I just don't care for them enough to spend the money on them. As a child i enjoyed going to Hales Theater and the Deseret Star with my mom and cousins..and I still do. I like the more comical ones though. However this is just one more thing that you and my sister have in common. She absolutely LOVES musicals...especially Les Mis, and her childhood dream was to be an opera singer. ha ha ha Still is I think even though she can't sing. Good to hear the men in your family went. I like to see the soft side in men and i think they need it to keep them grounded.

calmrapids said...

Hey Angela--a lot can happen in 20 minutes. :)

I want to see Fiddler, too. I was Chavela (the rebel daughter who left with the cute Russian) when I was 16. Maybe we could double date or something--let's make a plan. In the meantime, I need to use my feminine whiles on Chris--I have 20 minutes.

Becky A said...

JEALOUS! Les Mis is one of my favorites, and Cosette is one of Phoebe's dream roles.. the music from Les Mis is AWESOME!

Becky A said...

How was Eponine? she is my favorite, but it depends on the voice of the actor playing her. Can I just say again that I am so jealous?

pcb said...

Eponine was Cory's favorite when we saw it. Her voice was really good, it isn't the same person as the music here. I myself thought Marius was the best.