Did you all know that Halloween scares me? I wake up every November 1st relieved and happy that it is over and that I have survived the evil night once again. This is not to say that I don't love the innocent Halloween - the decorations, most trick-or-treaters, the colors and of course the CANDY! But it truly scares me. You know on the news when they always advise to keep pets inside on Halloween night (because crazy people like to do bad things to them!). Or when lunatic perverts do bad things to kids' candy or use costumes and candy to lure kids in so they can do bad things to them? It is just a holiday that is taken advantage of by devilish people! People who are into the Dark Arts are all over Halloween - they think it is their one night of the year.
We used to wear costumes like vampires, gypsies, princesses, werewolves or superman - but now the costumes are some dude with his arm hanging off with excessive blood and guts pouring out of the shoulder socket! Or an eyeball hanging out of a face! Those aren't costumes - they are just a guy with an eyeball hanging out of his face. You are supposed to BE something - dress up as someone recognizable to the people giving you free candy!
Then there is that element of the population that enjoys being scared so they pour money into the movie industry to perpetuate those evil scary movies (that give crazy people ideas about how to murder, torture and do all manner of glamorized evil to others!). Why can't we just enjoy carving our pumpkins, wearing our costumes (minus the gore and blood) and sorting and eating our candy without the sadistic, gory, sensationalized FEAR involved?
I am not kidding, I can feel the evil leave the air as November 1st dawns.
7 comments:
hmmm...I kind of have to agree with you on that. I don't love halloween, I think it's great for the kids to be able to dress up for FUN but I'm not a big fan of scary stuff...Can't say that I breathe a sigh of relief on Nov. 1st, but I see your point..
are you coming deer shopping this week? :)
Are you considering coming deer shopping? Oh that would be SOOOO fun. Please please please come! Anyways about Halloween. I really don't like it either. Not necessarily because it's scary, but I just think it's pointless. My biggest problem with it these days is that girl costumes are all sexy. It's turned into "dress like a hooker dressed up like something" day. Plus I just want to get Halloween over with to move on to Thanksgiving, the best holiday there is.
After I left my comment I wanted to come back and say something about sexy costumes, too. What is up with that? I agree, Shaury...
I can't come to deer shop because I am traveling too much lately - and in the near future. Cory and I are going to Chile the first week in November - then Thanksgiving in California then Christmas in Utah - too much! Plus it is Homecoming weekend and Cam has a date! I will miss you all though - and have a good time without me!
And - yes I agree that there are some risque outfits out there for even the youngest girls, why???
I hate the evil aspect of it, too. I love the fun, clever costumes like my neighbor that dressed up like Sarah Palin last year. It was hilarious.
A couple of years ago I drove by a Halloween party that was just getting over and the theme was obviously lingerie. This girl walked out to her car in the sheerest little foo-foo thing without a coat or any kind of wrap. It was quite see-through and I couldn't believe how naked she was! So, Halloween is also an excuse for the lingerie people to walk around naked! Yeah for November 1st!!!
Oh Paige, I've never noticed the evil in the air and I absolutely LOVE Halloween. It's my second favorite holiday after Christmas. The guy with his eye hanging out is a Zombie, that's where Halloween started, something about the dead walking. I love the scary ones. So does Tierra. We love to go to scary movies and get scared out of our wits and run to our beds that night thinking someone is going to grab our ankles. But to tell you the truth no movies are scary enough to really scare me. I'm too tough i guess. November 1st is a big let down to me...cause i don't look forward to Thanksgiving. Sure i love the food but it's not the same as it was growing up and eating with my cousins. We don't do anything but cook until we eat and then it's over and we don't do anything fun the rest of the night. My new thing i started 2 years ago is to go to the movies with my kids that night. Try to spice things up a bit.
No amount of "spice" is gonna make me enjoy being scared or seeing gore on Halloween. I enjoy some things about it but it doesn't even compare with how much I love Thanksgiving! Face it Angela - we are different, that's all there is to it.
Post a Comment