These three are Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (Moroni is behind them and didn't make the photo.)
There is a visitor's center where you catch a shuttle to go up into the canyon. When you get on the shuttle the driver narrates what you are seeing and stops at certain points of interest along the way. Each stop offers at least one hike. The hikes vary in difficulty and length. There are great photo opportunities and views. Of course Cory ran a marathon the day prior so he was gimping along the best he could. My only complaint was it was terribly windy - which made it cold.
This is the Alter of Sacrifice (don't quote me on these names - I have slept since this visit. It was so impressive I was sure I would remember each - but I seem to be somewhat unsure now).
This is Weeping Rock - I distinctly remember this because the hike takes you right to it and it was my favorite. Water (that is hundreds of years old) comes out of the porous rock and showers you as you stand under a kind of rock canopy. Moss and stuff grows all over the rocks too. It is beautiful!
This is the Temple of Sinawava, the last of the stops before the shuttle turns around.
The Great White Throne.
This might be The Watchman.
You could spend a week there hiking and touring and still not see everything! It was amazing and awe inspiring - and it makes me want to visit every other national park in Utah and everywhere!
7 comments:
Those pictures are beautiful! I hvae never been to any of those Utah parks either. Hopefully one day!
National Parks are the best. Especially in Utah. We've been wanting to return to Arches and Canyonlands, it's been a few years, maybe we could plan a family trip sometime?
Just looking at your Zion pictures again...wish I was down there right now. I need a vacation...
Maybe you should come down with your mom and Debbie for the quilt show!
Those are some really great pictures you got. I can't believe you guys hadn't ever been to Zions. It's such an awesome place.
I've been there several times but don't think I ever observed all the names to the mountains...very interesting. I also love the Arches and for the past 3 years have been telling Larry we are going camping there...but summers are so very busy with Baseball, it seems all our weekends are taken up. Maybe this summer?
By the way I LOVE your background...i'm ready for a fall one now after looking at yours!
Post a Comment