This last weekend while Cam was having a wonderful time at Youth Conference - Cory and I enjoyed the weekend alone (a precursor for our new situation coming in August). On Saturday the two of us got up before 5 am and after getting a few things together we took off for Seabrook, TX. It is a little town down by Clearlake - NASA - Pasadena area, about an hour and a half away, but strangely still considered "Houston".
Neither of us slept well the night before - I don't really know why. So getting up wasn't all that much of a problem because I was already awake, and it seemed like I had been awake for most of the night! Anyway - we made good time and Cory was all set to run in this nice little waterfront trail race that some of his running friends had recommended to him. I was getting set up in the car for my long wait. I had my book on tape for when it was still dark and then when the sun came up so that I could see, I switched to my current book and started to read.
In what seemed like a short minute Cory was knocking on the window of the car. I don't know how it happened. . .I fell asleep. I missed the entire race - the runners actually passed by my car two times on this race and I managed to sleep right through all those footsteps and get a nap in. So really what happened was - I drove an hour and a half to Seabrook, TX to have a nap and then drive back home! I think I am getting old!
Just to fill you in on the outcome - Cory got 1st in his age-group and 4th overall. I think he enjoyed the route and it was a good Saturday long run for him.
4 comments:
That was truly an "old age" thing to do!
I thought you were going to mention my "good" race number ...?
Oh ya - I would have forgotten - "321" and Cory likes to add "blastoff!"
That story made me laugh! Why didn't Cory tap on the window for a wake up call on one of those "2 trips" by your car. LOL.... 321 blastoff.... zooom there goes Cory. ha ha
that's hilarious.
Post a Comment