Thursday, April 15, 2010

Recently. . .

I haven't blogged for a while and I just wanted you to know that I am still here plugging along. Thought I would share what has been going on recently. . .

Cam got his wisdom teeth out the Thursday before Easter. He had Friday and Monday off of school so I thought it was a good time. We wanted to get it done over Spring Break, but since Youth Conference was that week and Cam had worked so hard on the Youth Committee - we had to postpone it. The surgery went pretty well. He had anesthesia so he didn't feel anything, the worst part was trying to emerge from the fog. He has decided that he really doesn't like drugs (which as his mom makes me happy). They sent him home with plenty of pain killers and antibiotics and all kinds of precautions and the process went smoothly. He had his fill of pudding, ice cream, potatoes and applesauce - but he really likes all those things so it was fine. By Tuesday when school started he was good to go. He has his follow-up today and I expect them to say "all healed up, have a nice life!".

Conference was wonderful - and if you missed Elder Holland's talk then you should watch it on LDS.org. So much was said about the youth of the church and parenting, it seemed like it was the theme or something.

Cam asked a girl to Prom and she said yes. She is in our ward - he has known her since he was 7. It was exciting to help him to do the asking and it was fun to work out the puzzle to figure out her answer. (I doubt she would have gone to the trouble of making a puzzle if she was going to say "no", but that was just a thought as we were solving it - I didn't say it out loud.) Now he is in the process of working out their group, renting limos, dress options and all that goes with the prom experience, it is fun to watch and participate when he allows.

A couple of days ago Cam had an appointment with an Ear/Nose and Throat Specialist, he has been having some hearing problems since going swimming last fall. Actually - he has had lots of ear issues his whole life! Well after they cleaned out both ears the doctor told me that he has a hole in one ear that is probably from the tubes he had as a toddler. (He has had a hole for 15 years! unbelievable that no doctor has seen this before!). Anyway, if cleaning out his ear and putting antibiotic drops into it two times a day doesn't allow that to heal up then he will be having surgery (with skin grafts) in the near future. How does a person go from wax buildup to surgery? We have a follow-up in 3 weeks so it will be interesting to find out about the hole.

Cory has been off of running for weeks due to an injury. He will not be running Boston next week much to his devastation. Qualification is good for two years though, so he can still run it next year. He may be on the trail to recovery now, since he met with a doctor who deals with this kind of muscle/running injuries. Today is the first time he has run in quite a while. He also has been very busy at work, but what else is new there? AND, his car died - so we are looking for it's replacement, or at least I am. Cam is praying for it's replacement since he had to give his car over for Cory to get to work!

Nolan came for a visit and helped around the place so much - cleaning gutters, trimming trees, replacing outdoor light fixtures and even with some of the siding on our house (photos and post to come later). What would we do without those springtime visits from Nolan?

So that is what is new around here, not that exciting but not particularly bad either.

2 comments:

calmrapids said...

Thanks for the update! I think it's funny that you're such a good friend and I find out what you're up to by reading your blog. Life. I'm glad that Cam's teeth went well! But the ear thing--wow. Good luck with that! I'm glad Cory is up and running again. I'm sure that he's happy to be doing something he loves. What else was there? Oh yeah, Can we hire Nolan next time he's in town?

Angela said...

Glad to hear the wisdom tooth extraction went well. I didn't think much of that kind of thing until Tierra had to get hers out then I was worried about all the rare dangers of it! She too had a terrible time coming out of it. She remembers nothing but she was hyperventalating and shaking from the chills. I didn't like that at all either.
I am so sad Tierra doesn't have Youth Conference here. They say EFY replaced that! But it's not the same. I loved my YC, we stayed in dorms at SUSC! And my brothers went to Vegas. My mom was in YW so I got to go too!
I love to work in my yard but it has been too chilly. Can't wait till it warms up and I can spend the day out there.
Poor Cory. That is awful news. The Boston Marathon is a once in a life time so i hope he's better than better next year! (cause he'll be a year older too) I'm sure he liked that I pointed that out. :)
I have lots to blog but don't have time to upload my pics lately. Soon soon...tomorrow is Parks b-day and I haven't even went shopping yet!
Oh and no we won't be able to come for Cam's graduation. The 5th is the last day of school here.