The difficult things about Texas are - the high cost of auto insurance. We were quite surprised by this fact moving here from LA - but yes it is higher here. Traffic - again, we moved here from LA - I didn't think anyone could tell me anything about traffic that I didn't already know. Well Houston sucks for traffic! At least in LA there are several freeways that you can employ to get somewhere - here not so much - so you are forced to endure the traffic. Bugs! There are bugs the like I never even imagined - some I can't even identify! (fire ants and cock roaches are two of the worst!). Hurricanes - we have been here for a couple and they are very unsettling to say the least. But, the thing that is bothering me most at this time of year is the pollen. This is NOT the place to live if you have any allergies - the mold can be awful with all of the humidity and springtime brings horrible pollen and all kinds of junk for our lungs to deal with, not to mention our nasal passages.
This is one of the two big oak trees we have in our yard (messy, disgusting trees!) in the spring they dump all kinds of crap ALL over the yard - oh yeah, in the fall too.
This is a shot of our recently planted garden - which sits directly under said tree - you can see my plight!
This is a shot of our back patio where the gold dust gathers.
The curb out front where the other oak tree is. Pine dust and oak leaves combine to make a disgusting stew of allergy nightmare!
And now this other crap is falling from the oak trees - furry stuff which comes in on every one's shoes and all over the cat!
Some fire ants making their way to the surface on the patio - ooooh I despise these creatures!
But the temperature is fantastic and the humidity is low, it feels fabulous to be outside and the azaleas are beautiful as always!
6 comments:
Very well said! I haven't had many allergy problems but everyone around me is struggling with coughing, runny noses, and sinus infections. Even though that part of living here is a mess, spring is my favorite season here. I love the azaleas and the bluebonnets out by the airport are so thick this year! Gorgeous!
I guess each place has it's good & bad. Your yard looks beautiful!
You've had me convinced for years to move there...if only Larry could have found a great job there. I too would enjoy the weather. I could deal with ants and cockroaches since you didn't mention enormous spiders! Larry and T have allergies but who knows from what? But what's kept me here in bitterly cold Utah, I've never figured out! Sure the summers are awesome but that only lasts 3 months out of 12! We are sitting here enduring the snow in Spring! UGH
Oh and I was going to say why don't you just cut that awful Oak tree down????
Oh yes, we detest those fire ants, too! :)
this is Becky, not Brandon...
Post a Comment