Friday, April 23, 2010

Siding

When Nolan was down, he and Cory decided to replace some siding on the back of the house. I was a little skeptical at first, but I think the results speak for themselves!

The 3 men taking off the old siding - Cam is inside the chimney there.


Cory told me a few days after Nolan went home how nice it was to be outside working on this with his dad. I told him he should tell his dad this and he said he doesn't usually tell people stuff like this - so I will do it for him!

Not as much inside a chimney as I would have thought.


Measuring a cutting the new stuff.


This finished product! I did the priming and then it rained for several days before I could paint. I was getting kind of impatient for this to be completed.





All's well that ends well! Cory and I are both pleased, a nice successful family project. We are so grateful to Nolan for thinking of it and then for doing so much of the work!


4 comments:

Becky A said...

How nice. Good job Dad. And Cory and Cam.

Cory said...

Nice use of shadows in the last two pictures!

calmrapids said...

What an awesome job! And what great memories you all have made!

Angela said...

We heard of what a coincidence it was that there just happened to be a guy shopping at Lowes that knew where to find that siding. Lucky? or living right?
You had just commented on my blog about my new flooring and how we are always fixing things up (doesn't seem that way to me...it's taken 10 years to all the rooms) now you are the fixer upper. :) It looks great!