Tuesday, April 20, 2010

VIP seats!

I have wanted to see Wicked for a couple of years now. So when I heard it was coming back to Houston I was so excited! Cory and I were in the process of trying to find tickets on the computer last week (I was at my computer here and he was at work). We were just about to pull the trigger on some relatively good seats, when this guy walked by Cory's office and stuck his head in and they got into a conversation about what Cory was working on right then and the play and the guy told him he could get us some good seats through his firm. I had my doubts - and I was worried that the seats we had in mind would be sold and I might end up with nothing (horror!). I was feeling impatient about the situation and asking Cory every day if the guy came through or not. Well - yesterday while shopping at Kroger, Cory called my cell to tell me the dates and that we got the tickets. I immediately went to the computer upon returning home to look up the seats - we are in the front row!!! in the front section!!! in the VIP seats!!! I don't even need to say the word THRILLED do I? The only caveat to this is that we have to attend with this manager and this partner (plus significant others) that got us the tickets. But the upside is that they will invariably take us out to eat prior to the play to some fancy upscale restaurant where I can gorge on lobster or something equally decadent and then feel the waist of my clothes digging into my full gut the entire play (the hardships I endure for Cory's work!). Another happy ending - or it will be another happy ending on Tuesday, July 13th when I finally get to see Wicked!

4 comments:

Elder and Sister Birt said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous! Had I known it was in Houston, I would have got in line for tkts & flew down. If Cory busts his pinky or something & can't go I would gladly take his place!

Sharon said...

How exciting! Steve and I have tickets for the 6th and then I am taking Sami and either Cody or Andrew on the 15th. I can't wait! Of course, our tickets are no where near as awesome as yours, but I'm sure it will be great anyway.

Becky A said...

AHHHHHH! I am sooooooo jealous! seriously, I don't know if I even want to hear your report afterwards... :)

calmrapids said...

Wow! Dinner and a show! I am excited for you--It sounds great!