Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fried Ice Cream

I just got my newest Taste of Home magazine and was thrilled to see this recipe for Fried Ice Cream. Actually, they have it as "Mexican Ice Cream", but for those of you that order Fried Ice Cream in mexican restaurants - this is it! I tried it last Sunday and it was fabulous, simple and very summer-ish,

2 Cups vanilla ice cream
1/2 Cup crushed frosted flakes cereal
1/4 Cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 Cup honey

Scoop ice cream into nice balls and lay out on wax paper on cookie sheet. Freeze for one hour or until firm.

In a shallow bowl, combine the frosted flake crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Roll ice cream balls in mixture. Be firm with these to make the stuff as thick as possible. (Also take this time to shape balls better.) Freeze until serving. Drizzle each ball with 1 tablespoon of honey and serve with a dollop (or squirt) of whipped cream.

I had mixture left over - I'm sure I could have coated maybe two more balls. These were excellent - so I had to share it!

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Birt said...

yummy yummy yummy...will you make us some when we come down?

Becky A said...

Can't wait to try it...I wondered about that recipe when I saw it. Glad to hear it was yummy!