I loved President Hinckley! I still haven't taken his picture down in my family room and put up President Monson's, cause I just can't stand the thought of not having him in my home. I loved his sense of humor and his self-deprecating way and his obvious love and devotion to Sister Hinckley. Naturally, this is one of my favorite old photos - because it has Cory with President Hinckley! This was taken on Cory's mission, he spent a total of 2 weeks in Carthage and in that short time had a visit from President Hinckley - and was lucky(?) enough to give Pres. and Sister Hinckly a tour of Carthage Jail - and also lucky enough to have President Hinckly share some thoughts with him about Carthage Jail. It has to be considered a highlight of Cory's mission. Don't they all look so happy?
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Picture the Past
I loved President Hinckley! I still haven't taken his picture down in my family room and put up President Monson's, cause I just can't stand the thought of not having him in my home. I loved his sense of humor and his self-deprecating way and his obvious love and devotion to Sister Hinckley. Naturally, this is one of my favorite old photos - because it has Cory with President Hinckley! This was taken on Cory's mission, he spent a total of 2 weeks in Carthage and in that short time had a visit from President Hinckley - and was lucky(?) enough to give Pres. and Sister Hinckly a tour of Carthage Jail - and also lucky enough to have President Hinckly share some thoughts with him about Carthage Jail. It has to be considered a highlight of Cory's mission. Don't they all look so happy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have never seen that picture before...how cute! I love it!
Cory looks so short, next to those 2 extra tall missionaries, and Pres Hinckley is old but still the same height as him ha ha. Pres Hinckley will always be my favorite along with Spencer W. Kimball!
Very disappointed in you missing a visit with family and a Jazz playoff game for a "cat"! ugh! We're going to have fun tonight! You'll be missed.
What a cool picture and a wonderful memory! Lucky Cory.
Post a Comment