Sunday, February 1, 2009

Letter Tag - "R"

Layne gave me the letter "R" which she told me I am supposed to be thankful for because she first thought of giving me the letter "U". I wholeheartedly agree that I need to be thankful - because R will always be better than U (all I could think of for U is "Underwear").

I was thinking - Raisins, Rome, Relish, Roundabouts, Refreshing Rain, Rattan, Rigatoni - and then I remembered that I wasn't playing Scattagories with Layne and I better start thinking of some things that I actually love that start with "R".

1. Razors - I do like to be clean shaven pretty much all the time. I start to feel dirty if I can feel stubble on myself. But I cannot stress enough how I like a clean shaven man. I think it is because I enjoy kissing - and stubble burns (been there, done that!).

2. Religion - I feel like "religion" in general is a good thing. No matter the religion (I do happen to be fond of mine) I just think it helps guide people to try harder and to be more accountable.

3. Running - I love running. Even though I ran before - my love of running started in the Army - it is so fun to run in formation with all the runners yelling cadences -the sound of all those feet landing at exactly the same time - nothing like it! Running allows me to stay in tune with my body and to work things through in my mind.

4. Reading - I love to read! I truly believe that reading makes better people. People who can understand differnt perspectives - compassionate people. We can experiece things through reading we might never experience first hand. Readers understand the world and the indiviual better. And few things bond children to parents like reading together.

5. Red - one of the best and strongest colors. It is so symbolic - so strong, solid and bold!

6. Rest - no need to elaborate.

7. Relaxation - a reasonable follow up to #6.

8. Romance - this deserves to be higher up on the list (now that I think of it they probably aren't in order of favorites). I guess I think that love makes the world go round. And romance is just the icing on the cake!

9. Restrictions - I have never been one to shy away from restrictions. I like guidelines and authority. I know it seems crazy, but I actually know first hand that someone (perhaps even God) loving you enough to set limits is a good thing.

10. Rings - when I was little I had a ring on every finger. I also went through a toe ring phase. The first place I go to at the jewelry counter is always the rings.


That was pretty painless!

5 comments:

calmrapids said...

I saw your hubby today and his face was awfully stubbly. Did he read this or is it a coincidence? Nice R words--I like rest and relaxation and red and religion and reading.

queenbee4 said...

If that was painless then I feel bad... I shoulda stuck with "U"... just kidding... I liked your list. I forget about you being in the Army- that would be cool to run in formation like that. I actually loved all your "R's"... thanks for playing!

Becky A said...

good job, Paige. I like the rest and relaxation...sounds good right about now.

Angela said...

Those were all good "R"s. I don't like running but your comments on running in the Army...I think I'd like that. I liked the show "Cadence". I would love to yell out chants myself. I love the feel of seeing people, mainly men, in such precision and showing respect and discipline. I would like the sound of pounding feet on the pavement in rhthym as much as the sounds at Hudson's baseball game. It makes me feel proud to be an American. Tierra had a North Ridge High assembly last week to become familiar with it. They had the ROTC perform and I liked it more than I thought I would! :) Maybe one of my boys will join it..if it's up to Larry, they'll be too busy with sports. I too hate the feel of stubble on my legs, but I like Larry's goatie and 5:00 shadow. mmm
I cherish the time reading with my kids and I would have guessed you liked necklaces more than rings. Whoo this is a long comment.

Becky A said...

not like you to go without posting for a week...what gives?