Thursday, February 26, 2009

Know-it-alls

There is a woman at work who knows everything. She will argue with me about my own religion (to which she does not belong), my politics (of which she does not agree) and even my own marriage (she has never met Cory and has only known me for 4 months). Seriously, do you know people like this? They have it all figured out - life, men (or women), kids, politics, religion and they rush to bestow their immense knowledge and enlightenment on the rest of us simpletons? Isn't it the human condition to be trying to figure it all out? We all have one thing in common - we are all just trying to get through it. No one has all the answers here. We are supposed to have questions, doubts and insecurities about one thing or another. I am suspect of know-it-alls, in fact it has been my experience that these folks seem to have the most messed up lives. If they have all the answers how come they can't seem to apply them? Luckily, today is her last day!

8 comments:

calmrapids said...

I like your new look--the green is scrumptious!
As for the pet, keep looking. It does have to be the right one and hopefully you'll find it soon.
Know-It-All's really get on my nerves, as well. I think it's a self-esteem problem on their part. While I was reading your post I couldn't help but think that it's a good idea your blog is private. :)

Becky A said...

I agree with calm rapids, I think it's a self-esteem issue with Know-It-All's...
glad you don't have to put up with her any longer!

Angela said...

Yes it is totally self esteem but they try to come across as having very high confidence. No one likes a know-it-all so if they were really so smart they'd try not to show they know so much! HA They are miserable people and I choose not to associate with them! I prefer to play the dumb blonde. :)

Shaury said...

I really enjoyed this post because I know a know-it-all. It REALLY bugs me! The funny thing is her little son is a know-it-all too. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

Know-it-all's are so annoying! (especially when they are 14 year old boys!! LOL) I'm glad you don't have you put up with her anymore!

queenbee4 said...

yeah- that's gotta be one of my biggest pet peeves. I cannot abide people like that. They are totally over compensating for poor self esteem. If it didn't bug me so much I might actually feel sorry for them.
however....

ragslisa said...

oh how i love your posts. It's true they are obnoxious! We need to catch up and I want to say hi!

Cory said...

If any of you are wondering how it is that know-it-alls could actually know it all or why they're thinking or saying what they do, just ask me. I'm sure I know ... and I'm happy to let you know too.