Saturday, March 7, 2009

5 Things on My Desk Right Now

Sharon did this in her weekly "Friday 5" post. I thought it would be a good tag and since I can't think of anything to blog about this seemed fun.

1. Diet Coke - yes it is 6:21 in the morning and I am sitting here drinking my diet coke hoping to be able to go to the bathroom before I go run. Disgusting - but true. For those of you who run, you realize the importance of going to the bathroom (I hope you know which kind I'm referring to) before you get 5 miles away from your house, because if it hits you out there you are up a creek!

2. I just recently got a computer. Cory has an ailing one in his room - so I guess this will go in there when that one finally dies but for now "mine" is sharing a room with all my sewing and craft stuff. So, my sewing machine is right next to me on this long table. If this computer situation becomes permanent I will have to get an actual computer desk and a good chair.

3. A hilarious thing that I look at every day is some of those stacking cups for little kids. They were Cam's. I bought them at one of those disturbingly expensive toy parties (I'm thinking "Discovery Toys") that one of my friends hosted years ago when Cam was a baby. I bought the cheapest thing in the catalog. Cam did enjoy them - but I haven't had the heart to give them away because I always thought I would have another baby (plus the fact that they were so expensive!). So, here they sit. My baby is 16 - and he doesn't play with them anymore. (Now that I think about this strange item, I am asking myself why they are on this table and not in a box somewhere??)

4. There is a really cute picture of Cam that he made in (2nd grade?) school where his body is a butterfly and his head is an actual photo of him. He is still wearing glasses and looks like my "real" Cam. I love stuff like that - I have it all around the house. I don't know if he enjoys seeing it displayed as much as he used to.


5. I keep a calendar of Rome here (it is years out of date) - it is open to the Trevi Fountain page. I went to Rome a few years ago and had a fabulous time (and bought this calendar). Whenever I look up and see the fountain I can't really comprehend that I was there in that faraway place once - I touched that water - I ate that Pizza! - I walked all over that city. It is just a good memory so I keep it around me to induce daydreaming.

I'm not all that interesting am I? Now that I am looking at this list I'm thinking that I must be a sentimentalist or something, not nearly as practical a list as Sharon's was. I will tag anyone who is struggling to find something to blog about - but not Liz because she hates Tags.

4 comments:

Shaury said...

I found that very interesting. And you're right, you sound very sentimental. So the "real" Cam wears glasses? How funny.

Angela said...

I wish we had enjoyed Rome together. I love seeing the Trevi fountain or the Coliseum on TV and i have to yell everytime..."Been there!" I'm getting less of a sentimentalist as time goes by...and it seems our house gets smaller cause our junk pile gets bigger...but i don't even keep recent pics the kids made 1 yr ago...sad but true...but we can't take them with us so they have to go sometime. :) A little too much info on the pop and poop thing. ha ha And the child toys...there are things i wish i would have kept for Logan...he's only 3 and i D.I.ed toys that were really cool when Hud or Parks stopped playing with them...which couldn't have been too long ago! I just need a bigger house!

Becky A said...

those stacking cups have been kicking around your house(s) for 16 years? Why aren't they in a box somewhere? :)
You are very sentimental...

Sharon said...

What a great collection of things. :-) I love those stacking cups but we never had any.