Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pumpkin Bars

I love pumpkin - pies, cake, bars, bread and cookies! Anything you want to do with pumpkin count me in (especially if it has some frosting or whipped cream on it!). These bars are moist, delicious and fool proof every time.

4 Eggs
1 2/3 C sugar
1 C vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not the pie mix one)
2 C flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients in bowl and pour into 15x10x1 inch sprayed baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until bars feel done to touch. Cool completely.

Frosting
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
3 to 4 C powdered sugar
1 C butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
milk to right consistency

Frost bars then score or cut into rectangles. This is a good recipe when you need a lot of something because you can make them as small or as large as you want. (Very cute around halloween if you put a candy pumpkin on each one.)

Get BAKING!!

5 comments:

calmrapids said...

YUM! This one's going in my recipe book!

Becky A said...

I LOVE pumpkin stuff, too. Very in to pumpkin pancakes right now....

Sharon said...

I love pumpkin! Thanks!

Cory said...

These are excellent (except when they have a candy pumpkin stuck on them).

Angela said...

Hudson is BIG into pumpkin anything! Larry too. I am except for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I got this recipe at one of our Enrichment nights awhile ago. YUMMY!