Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Utah

Here we are in Utah - another Christmas. And while it is great to be with family and see old friends I have some complaints about Utah. They are complaints that Utah can't do anything about mind you, but complaints nonetheless!

#1 It is dang cold here!

#2 The cold forces the heat to run continuously and dries me out so much that my lips get cracked and my nose bleeds! My hands are scaley and my cuticles are ugly! (I used to live here and don't remember this being normal.) Maybe I need a humidifier when I visit???

#3 It is so cold that it feels limiting or controlling - like I can't go outside or really DO anything but clench!

I guess those aren't too many complaints - and basically it all boils down to the same one - THE COLD!

2 comments:

Becky A said...

brrrrrr......

calmrapids said...

This is a way funny posting! (Yes, I'm actually catching up on reading some blogs--don't know when I'll catch up on posting some blogs!) It is colder in Utah this year than others. Something that has helped me to not dry out when visiting is drinking LOTS of water. It helps a lot, but then there's the bathroom thing that comes with it. Anyway, you know what I mean.