I added another rose bush and replaced one that just wasn't cutting the mustard - and planted some nice dainty white ground cover right out the back door.
I trimmed up the honeysuckle and cleaned out the nasty bed that is under it - with Mexican heather and some nice purple blooming things that I can't remember the name of. Cam got all the large crepe myrtles this year and I got all the smaller ones. (Nolan wasn't able to make it down to help this spring - as he has been busy with the temple and Gr & Gr Chris. This post will either make him want to get down here right away - or put his mind at ease that these things are getting done without his help.)
I have made a serious dent in turning over and weeding the beds that surround the house and some in the back yard. My knees are hurting and I sprained something in my back but they sure do look good!
Still more beds in the front and that is one of my lovely Sweet Olive trees right there at the corner of the house. I also planted some pink flowers and as you can see I am ready for Easter!
The azaleas are almost ready to break out - most years they are out in February but we have had an unusually cool spring this year. I will definitely take more pictures when everything starts blooming! I do love spring! (sneeze, sniff, sniff)
2 comments:
You put us all to shame...beautiful yard. Did you get your chicks in the mail?
I'm so glad to see you have time for REAL farming instead all of that unproductive farmville crap. I love garden work too but I don't have all that much to do. I hope I have better landscaping at our new house if we ever get one. I haven't been out much...too chilly here for that yet. I love just raking out all the old dead grass. I can do it for hours in one spot and it never ends...doesn't take much to keep me entertained! My mom has been in Tennessee for 3 weeks so when she gets back, I'm sure she'll be breathing down my neck to work in my yard. :) It's a good thing. Without her I probably wouldn't get anything started.
Post a Comment