Monday, May 18, 2009

Ogden Marathon

We were in Utah last weekend for the Ogden Marathon. It is kind of becoming a family tradition. It is fun because there are so many of us involved in the event and who have running in common. We always have a lot to talk about.

Cam and I ran the 5K. Cam's time was 22:11 and he got 9th in his age group. Which is pretty good considering he hasn't run in months! I got a PR of 30:10 and 9th in my age group as well. There are no shots of us as we finished our race before people got there. Wendy ran the half and beat her last years time by 8 minutes! Her time was 2:03. No one got a picture of her either. Michael tried the full and got a migraine at around mile 9 - when he started throwing up he cashed it in. Quite a disappointment after all the training he put in.


This is Cory finishing the half with a new PR time of 1:31. He got 5th in his age group. All that with an (so called) injured foot! It's not a great picture but it doesn't look like he is limping to me!



This is Brandon finishing the full marathon - looking strong! His time was 4:13, with I think 2 bathroom stops! We were all really proud of him as this is his first full marathon.



A picture of all the participants that evening at the weenie roast. From left to right and top to bottom is Cam and I (who ran the 5K), Cory and Wendy (who ran the half) and Brandon and Michael (who ran the full). I'm not sure why Cory looks like a murderer - but he is not known for taking wonderful pictures.

5 comments:

Becky A said...

yay! you posted quick! Cory does look a little spooky, and Brandon always does that weird thing where he pulls his head back to accentuate the double chin...fun pictures, anyways. I hear you may be headed back this weekend? Please? :) that was a great weekend. You guys all did awesome. Maybe some year I'll join in the fun...

pcb said...

Oh you will join in the fun. . .in August! We are probably all three running the 10K and you, Shaury and Angela need to run the 5K! Maybe you can talk your Dad into it too!

Shaury said...

Cory's just mad for not giving him more props for the bad, REALLY BAD, ankle. Well I think I'm ready to commit to the 5K in August. I just hope I don't disappoint myself. And what's this about another visit?

calmrapids said...

If you're going somewhere, do we get Paisley again? :)
We really enjoyed having that baby around!

pcb said...

Absolutely! There aren't very many willing cat sitters out there! Do you miss her?