A little more than a week ago I got a call that something was wrong with my recent mammogram and that they needed a better look. I had nearly a week to worry and wonder about this news. In the course of that week I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. It was sort of an evaluation period for me. I was wondering how I've done with my life? Pretty good - probably could have tried a little harder. Am I scared to die? No - mostly curious about it. What would people say about me after I died? What would my obituary say - who would write it? Where would my funeral be held (we aren't from here and have no family here)? Would Cory re-marry (the second wife that I would have to like)? Would Cam be okay eventually?
Well, I went in on Thursday and everything turned out fine. I guess we are supposed to evaluate periodically - whenever God gives us one of these bumps in the road.
4 comments:
I went through that same experience last year. Dang boobs!
It does make you stop and take a hard look at your life, though, doesn't it?
It's nice to evaluate and reflect on how you're doing in life. It stinks that it takes serious moments to force us to do it.
I'm SO glad everything turned out fine! Yeah!
I'm glad you are ok!
I don't want to evaluate my life...
When are you guys coming up?
Scary! I'm glad everthing is ok too. It kind of yucky to evaluate, but sometimes it's a good thing.
Post a Comment