Sunday, August 16, 2009

Running #3 Equipment

One of the best things about running is that you don't need anything to do it. If you don't live on the beach and run barefooted - then really all you need is a pair of shoes. If you have been telling yourself that you need something in order to run - I would submit that you are probably lying to yourself. There is no equipment, no shorts, shirt, watch, sports bra, garmin or anything else that is necessary for you to get out there and run. Also - if you are telling yourself that you would run if you had someone to run with - that might be another lie. You can run alone. I find - one of the best things about running is that I don't have to involve another person's schedule. I can run when it is convenient for ME. I do think it is rather nice to talk and visit while running but it is not necessary and my running doesn't depend upon it. This is a sport or hobby that is fabulous simply because it is so simple. There are no phone calls to make, no treats to bring, no uniforms or carpooling. There is just you and your body doing what it can do.

1 comment:

Cory said...

This is a really good post. You summed it up nicely.