Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy B-day Cam!

We had a fire hazard at our house Sunday evening. We had Cam's birthday cake on that day instead of his actual birthday because we would all be home. We debated at what age one should stop having the actual number of candles on the cake. Cory said he should just have one "symbolic" candle. I said he can have the actual number until he goes over the number that a box of candles holds (24). But, it was difficult lighting all of them and not having a very waxy cake, not to mention burned fingers. As a parent you just don't want to give up those traditions too soon. He will be 45 and I will still make him a cake and probably still write something on it! Happy Birthday Cam - August 18, 1992 was the best day of my life!


I missed the actual blowout - and this is my requested "re-creation". (I promise I will fix the date on my camera before I take one more picture!).

10 comments:

Becky A said...

oh I love that recreation! I think keep putting the number of candles on the cake until they don't fit? I don't know, I haven't really ever thought about it...Looks like you didn't have any problem fitting 17 on there!

Becky A said...

ok, I read that after I published it and I meant re-creation (of the candle blowout) NOT "recreation"...that doesn't make sense...

pcb said...

I never noticed that word was like that - I love words!

Shaury said...

Yes, the RE-creation is priceless. I hope Cam has a happy day. And I would have to say the more candles the merrier. I do have a questions about what is on the cake. Is that some sort of symbol?

pcb said...

It is "17" Shaury - there has to be something written on a birthday cake.

Diane B said...

Happy Birthday #1 grandson! Loved the photos. That was a happy day for our whole family, we all remember it well.
XO Gram

Cory said...

In addition to fixing the date, can you use the flash when you're indoors!

pcb said...

Sorry moody boy - the flash is a automatic.

Angela said...

i felt horrible that i didn't get on facebook and say happy birthday. Things were so hectic around here and I really REALLY hate getting on the net. But I was thinking of you on your B-day cam. Hope it was awesome. Thanks Paige for having Tierra stay with you. She had FUN. We laugh all the time about her short nails and I talk like a vietnamese girl while i say it. I do love to use that accent. Me and Kim R. always talk like that. I agree I always want to put the candles on too but i did the "1" candle for Larry this year. I too like to write something. I guess once they get married I'll stop and let their wives do it...and I hope Tierra's is a sentimental one who does it for her cause if not I'll still being doing it so they don't feel sad on their b-day. Tierra misses Paisley!!!

Angela said...

i meant Tierra's is a sentimental "husband" who will do sweet things like that for her.
it seems like there is a bigger gap than 1 year between T and Cam!