Cam came out and joined me when he woke up - he mowed the back yard. (I do the front and side). People always seem to think I am crazy when I say that I love yard work. I do - it has such a satisfying feeling of accomplishment in the end. And I do enjoy a pretty yard.
Cam put out the flag - and I made him pose all sweaty for a picture by it.
Then I went to the blood center and gave blood. I started giving blood in the Army (cause they used to give half a day off if you donated). I soon realized that I don't mind it. I don't feel weak or faint like some people and my veins seem very cooperative. This is something that I can do (when some can't) to help people and so I do it. I have O+ blood - which is a universal donor - so the blood center is always calling me to donate, right when my 6 weeks is up.
Now, I am home and waiting for Cam to get some homework done and then we will go down the street to El Rincon for dinner and come home to watch "17 Again". What a wonderful Labor Day! (except that Cory had to work)
(I know - I still haven't changed the date on my camera, we may just have to live with it like it is!)
9 comments:
Sounds like you had a fantastic day! You also reminded me that I need to try to give blood again. It's been a while and maybe their rules about mad cow disease have eased up--really, it's been 27 years since I lived in Europe! Your yard looks fantastic! I love yard work, too but the last few years I haven't had the time I would like to do it. **Sigh** I want to be like Paige.
I don't ever want to see a picture like that again! Gross! I can't believe you took that while you were giving blood. How funny. :)
Your home and yard pictures, however, are beautiful. You are very good at that kind of stuff, I am envious...
I too enjoy yard work. Very satisfying but it doesn't look like I'm good at it..i let it go sometimes in order to keep my kids on the go in the summer. Don't want to miss out on those precious summer hours doing yard work. ha ha I can't believe you took the camra with you while donating. Did people think you were a weirdo when you took a pic of your arm? I use to give blood all the time too for those 5 hours of leave on Fridays!! We enjoyed a day game watching the Bees get their butt kicked with our good friends the Augers. It was really hot. I wish we had more time in the day to have gone to the dam or swimming somewhere!
Sorry, i notice i leave novels whenever i post comments on peoples blogs...i have lots to say ALL the time. :) anyway i forgot to mention that I never realized what the front of your house looked like since we always come through the garage. It's beautiful!
Unfortunately no one else was there! That is the first time that I have been alone in that huge nice new facility, but kinda sad. All who can should give blood! It is kinda gross that I took that picture huh?
Nolan will be sick when he sees that pic! It doesn't bother me at all...in fact I like to look closely & study things like that. Your yard looks fabulous, as always. You are lucky you have time to do those things.
What a lovely labor day. Your yard is awesome, nice work! I must correct you about O+ blood, O- is actually the universal blood type with O+ coming in second. That's so nice that you donate so frequently I had no idea you did that. I always think doing those kind of things brings you good karma.
Shaury that is why I said it is "a" universal donor - not "the" universal donor. Both "O's" are the one's they want. Do you still give plasma?
Diane - everyone has their own priorities. I don't think it has so much to do with "time".
Post a Comment