2 Cups sugar
1/2 Cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
4 oz baking chocolate, melted and cooled
4 eggs
2 Cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Cup powdered sugar
6 dozen Hershey Hugs, unwrapped
Mix sugar, oil, vanilla and cooled chocolate. Stir in eggs. Stir in dry ingredients and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Heat oven to 350 - Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar - roll in sugar to coat completely. Shape into balls. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched. Immediately press 1 Hug candy into center of each cookie. Cool on wire rack.
I made these cookies last week for Cory's work. They are a little too much trouble for me. Why the melted chocolate and not just use the dry unsweetened chocolate? Why the refrigeration for 3 hours? Then the rolling and all that. I know there are easier recipes for those crinkle cookies than this one. I wanted to make them because I like the way they look and I like the candy in the middle. I'm thinking they would be really pretty on those Christmas goodie plates that I like to make. They were absolutely delicious by the way. I just need an easier recipe for the cookie. Another thing, I made mine kind of big (because I was lazy about all the rolling and coating) but they need to be smaller so that the cookie just fits around the candy - like bite size!
6 comments:
i've made cookies similar to those, with the hug in the middle. I agree, they are way cute! And tasty, too! At Christmas it's yummy and cute to make them with the candy cane kisses that are red and white.
I'm sure that Shaury or Becky or my mom have a recipe for these that's probably more streamlined than the exotic version you used.
Check with them ... and don't refer to them as zebra crinkles ... they won't know what you're talking about. I think in my childhood home they were called "those powdered sugar chocolate" cookies.
And for me, please keep the candy "on the side"!
Oh yeah powdered sugar cookies. I do have a tasty recipe for these (without the candy). I think my recipe came from Gladene Donaldson. David doesn't like them though because he inhales the powdered sugar & it chokes him so I haven't made them for a long time.
So David takes a huge breath right before he sticks a cookie in his mouth? Is that right?
Who knows what his problem is. He has some strange habits, but ya gotta love him.
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment