I have debated putting these on here - only because maybe someone will remind me of them at an inopportune time (while stuffing some junk food in my mouth!). But, I do think it is valuable to document resolutions, so I decided to just do it:
1. Read next weeks church lessons in advance (not just the one I happen to be teaching for my class either). It will help me be better prepared to participate - which I like to do. I also may just learn something!
2. Cut down on sugar! I eat like an 8 year old with no adult supervision run amok! I have got to curb this before something drastic happens.
3. Attend the temple on every ward temple day. If I have a conflict it needs to at least be in the same week!
4. Not fully defined yet - but something pertaining to entering at least 4 races this year. Can be 5K, 10K or whatever - just to keep things constant and to have events to look forward to for my running.
Those are do-able. I am happy with those. Any help from friends or family would be appreciated. Let me list some examples: 1) Liz or Cory asking me to go with him/her to the temple on temple night. 2) Shaury or Becky asking to enter a race while we are visiting so I will have someone to run with.
3 comments:
I agree with it being helpful to document resolutions. Mine are still kind of bouncing around in my head. I had my kids all write theirs down in their journals, but somehow I was too busy being a scribe for some of them to write my own...maybe before this month is over I'll have made them a little more concrete.
Yours are all really good. Funny that you said you eat like an 8 year old with no adult supervision! I think I'm the same way, I need some self control!
Great resolutions! Let's do it! (p.s. I eat sugar the same way! but I love it!)
I don't write mine down anymore because it's usually on a scrap of paper that gets thrown away or I find it next year. They were always the same....ex 1. have more patience, no yelling at my kids
2. say morning and nighttime prayers consistantly. 3. Read the RS manual each week (same as you) I've been in YW for the past 4 years so if I don't read them I don't get to hear them either.
4. temple (of course)....etc etc
Well my only one this year is to try to be on time...to anything and everything. It's just disciplining myself to get ready first and then do whatever I want 'til time to leave instead of other way around. I've done pretty good so far. If we are late to church it has not been because of me so far!! I've been on time to most other things and it feels pretty good. :)
Post a Comment