Saturday, July 3, 2010

God Bless America!

In a few weeks we are going to Rome on vacation - and don't get me wrong, I am very excited about that. I love to travel to other countries - but it is also really nice to come back to my own! Since it is Independence Day weekend I just wanted to share some things that I love about our wonderful USA!

I love freedom! As we age we become more and more aware of how lucky we are to be in America and to have been born here and all that that entails. How come one person is blessed to be born here when someone else happens to be born in. . . say, Ethiopia or somewhere? Somewhere that opportunities are scarce and so is the food. Somewhere where they don't have choices or control of their own lives.

I love our flag! Just seeing Old Glory flying makes my heart swell with pride (corny, I know).

Fireworks! I could watch fireworks for hours. Laying on an old blanket looking up at the colorful sky is my idea of a wonderful evening.

Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Baseball! All of the above! And actually, dogs are best AT a baseball game.

Our ward has it's 4th of July party today - but it has been raining for days and is forecast to rain today as well - I may not get to the party. I may not get a hot dog, some apple pie or even to a baseball game this weekend. But I will remember all the things that symbolize this great country and count my blessings that I am an American!

1 comment:

calmrapids said...

Amen! We are so blessed to live here, to have been born here, to have the freedoms that we have. What a beautiful country this is!