This picture was taken when we lived in South Pasadena, the year was 1997. Cam attended Arroyo Vista Elementary School and this was his kindergarten classroom. It's actually kind of funny now - but it wasn't that day. This was "Grandparent Day" for his class. Cam and I had some sort of a miscommunication where he thought Gram and Pop were going to be there. This was never mentioned - I think he got that idea when everyone else's grandparents were there and his weren't. You know, before you realize that things aren't always as easy as you assume they should be. One of his first doses of reality! Anyway, he started crying when I told him they weren't able to come down from Utah for Grandparent day and that I would have to do (I was helping in the classroom that day for the event). Of course, I can't really watch anyone cry without crying myself - so there we were ruining everyone else's Grandparent day by being big crying boobs! Miss Brann took this picture after we had calmed down a bit - but you can tell we both had been crying.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Picture the Past
This picture was taken when we lived in South Pasadena, the year was 1997. Cam attended Arroyo Vista Elementary School and this was his kindergarten classroom. It's actually kind of funny now - but it wasn't that day. This was "Grandparent Day" for his class. Cam and I had some sort of a miscommunication where he thought Gram and Pop were going to be there. This was never mentioned - I think he got that idea when everyone else's grandparents were there and his weren't. You know, before you realize that things aren't always as easy as you assume they should be. One of his first doses of reality! Anyway, he started crying when I told him they weren't able to come down from Utah for Grandparent day and that I would have to do (I was helping in the classroom that day for the event). Of course, I can't really watch anyone cry without crying myself - so there we were ruining everyone else's Grandparent day by being big crying boobs! Miss Brann took this picture after we had calmed down a bit - but you can tell we both had been crying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh, how sad for cute little 5 year old Cam...
Ohhhhhhh, that makes me want to cry.
I saw the picture and thought that was one of the cutest pictures I had ever seen of you two! then I read the story and I got so sad! It is so hard to see your kids disappointed! :(
Post a Comment