Thursday, December 4, 2008
Passwords
Lately I seem to be confused. I have all these passwords for different things. Things on the computer here at home (accounts and such) and things on the computer at work, for my debit card, for my library card and even for this blog. I try to use the same password all the time so that I can remember it. The confusion comes when I have to change my password - like at work periodically. At times like that I do a variation on my normal password. There are also some places where a password is required where you have to meet certain requirements like a number, capitalization or exclamation mark mixed in some how. I swear I have about 20 situations where I need a password and I am getting more and more confused all the time. I can't remember which one goes with which account or which variation I used. Sometimes I find myself sitting at a computer for 30 seconds with a blank look on my face trying to decipher which password I need to recall. And then sometimes I have to try 4 or 5 variations on my "regular" password to get the right one. This gets ugly when you are only allowed 2 or 3 attempts. Does anyone else have this problem - or better yet, a solution?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
like you, I try to use the same one for everything. But yes, I have to add a few numbers or capitalization here and there to meet some requirements. I always wonder if it is dumb to use the same one for everything, if ever someone figured out one they would have access to every account of every sort I have! Oh well, and does your computer offer to remember passwords for you? I always say no, but maybe that would help... I have no solution...
Sorry no solution here either, just the say problem. I thought technology is suppose to make things easier. Oh well - just know you're not alone on this one.
so cute Christmas stuff! :)
Post a Comment