Monday, December 29, 2008

Resolutions

It's that time of year again when we start thinking of the things we need to improve upon.  This time of year it is always on my mind for days, until I settle on 2 or 3 things that I can and want to commit to.   It has made me realize that I am extremely satisfied with my life.  I am healthy and able to participate in the physical activities that I enjoy.  I have a good job that I think was truly meant for me.  I have a great relationship with my son - who is the light of my life. I have a perfect (for me) marriage to the love of my life (somewhat recent re-discovery).  I have the gospel - which only enhances all of these things.  I am very blessed.  So. . . my choices of resolutions are based on the fact that I need to work more on being worthy of so many blessings.  With that in mind, I will resolve to:

1.  Study more regularly and more deeply the gospel (ie: scriptures, Ensign etc.)
2.  Step up the temple attendance.
3.  Try and help fix the rift between Kathy and Mom once and for all.

The first two should be fairly simple (mainly discipline) - the 3rd will be more difficult and will probably require a small miracle and any extra blessings HE will hand out.

4 comments:

Becky A said...

I do the same contemplating thing. Haven't quite settled on my resolutions yet, of course some seem to recur year after year, never quite making it to december! hmm....

Angela said...

Mine are always the same too...my top 3 are...
1. Personal prayer twice daily. Sure I pray but it is not always consistently morning and night. I like the middle of the afternoon prayers when my children are away and I have time to contemplate. They are always the best but I need more of them a day.
2. Read the scriptures daily. I'm always good for one month then it dwindles. I have started the B of M over and over, so I'm going to read the Bible all the way through this year!
3. Have more patience with my children..and husband. Which includes trying not to raise my voice when I am out of patience.
I'm happy to say I have met my temple attendance goal. I am on a routine and it's finally easy to stick to and now Larry is going to join me on his Friday's off. Good luck with yours. I'll put you and Kathy and your mom's name in the temple.

Angie said...

Those are spiritual goals indeed. I will let you resolute in my place this year. Good luck with mending the relationships!

Thanks for the info that Cowher is listening. I'm at work and hadn't heard anything besides him not being interested in the jets now. Billy would look good in orange. I should've known you could talk football too! Just a little FYI, I know very little about basketball, I'll stick to football & baseball.

Shaury said...

Good luck! It seems like every year I try to step up the temple attendance too. I guess you can never go too much though. So resolving to do more of it every year is a good thing.