
Cam is looking smiley and fit as he runs past the crowd in the 10K.

Cam rounding the last corner toward the finish line.

Cam after the race - sweaty and feeling fine. He actually did pretty well considering he did not prepare in any way for this run.

This is me looking fatter than I imagine myself to be and old and hunched over too - in fact maybe I should stop running if this is what I look like.

Shaury and I about to turn the corner to finish. It was so nice to run with someone. We talked almost the entire race and we are nearly the same pace. It made that 10K seem like a 5K! Luckily, I am much older than Shaury and got 3rd in my age group. We ended up about 64 minutes, which was amazing to me. I calculated that I would be happy with 70 minutes.

Rounding the corner toward the finish line - the family was yelling funny things to us and we were laughing at them.

This is a picture of the runners (minus Michael and Angela). Shaury, Cam, Cory, Brandon and I ran the 10K. Wendy, Becky, Michael and Pheobe (who got 1st in her age group) ran the 5K and Angela was a walker in the 2 mile walk. I signed her up and she ended up winning the thing!

After the run and necessary showers we are all back to watch the parade. We had some family in the parade.
.jpg)
Later that day we went to a couple of eating contests and then a firework show that night. Those South Weber Days are exhausting - and we were only there for 2 days of activities!
7 comments:
Nice recap. (I was sixth overall; not fifth. But thanks for elevating me!)
You know I always try.
What a super fun run! Laughing and talking the whole way? Man, I'd be down gasping for breath! You are awesome!
yay! I love this post! I'm so glad you guys came up for this...it was so much fun participating with everyone!
That was such a fun run with you. I think I'll always remember what a good time it was. The pictures are scary, but at least we look like we're having fun & not about to die. Can't wait to run with you again.
Hey you left before I could give you a pic I found hanging up at S.W. days of you and Shaury. Shaury is covering her face so i thought you should have it. You and Shaury look like you are one of the walkers in one of your pics. ha ha Were you getting tired and heavy footed? It was exciting to be part of it, and I never dreamed of even coming in in the top 20 even let alone 1st but I'm glad YOU signed me up after all. I was totally dreading it the night before. I love my sleep. :) Don't know if i'll do it next year...once is enough for me but I already have a few friends who say they'll walk with me next year. S.W. Saturday is an exhausting day! I hope eating your Big Ben burger 10 min earlier was more satisfying than watching Tierra dance. :) She tried out for the competition team and made it. Maybe you'll be able to watch her another time!
Sorry about missing Tierra - next year you will be in the 5K - I will sign you up so you don't have to spend the money. If you turn around and win it I will have to kill you!
Post a Comment