Friday, January 9, 2009

Lucky Number 44!

Today is my birthday! 44 years ago today I was born at 1:26 p.m. I weighed 9 pounds and 5 ounces. Which just goes to show that an infant's birth weight is no indicator of adult size. An interesting fact about my birthday - that only people who share this birthday can say: my birth day is the same as my birth year. 1-9-65 and I was born in 1965 - get it? I actually never realized that until a friend of mine, who's son has the same birthday told me. I thought it was pretty cool.

Normally I don't love the idea of turning yet another year older (it's better than the alternative right?) I don't enjoy aging - I guess because of vanity. This year I am not so down on another birthday because this year I turn 44. Lucky Number 44! Let me explain. This is going to be an awesome year! I know that because 44 is my lucky number. Isn't it a great number - there is no other number quite like it. In High School it was my number (all four years) in Volleyball and Basketball (served me very well, I might add). I always seek it out whenever someone asks my favorite number. I will settle for just "4" if that's all there is, or if they say to pick a number between 1 and 10 - but two 4's is always better than one right?

So 2009 is going to be unbelievably fabulous! And every time something great happens to me this year I will say to myself "Lucky number 44!".

8 comments:

Becky A said...

Lucky number 44! your new layout is great, so different I thought I was on the wrong blog for a minute.
I can't WAIT to tell brandon about the 1-9-65 thing, he LOVES stuff like that! :) Happy birthday, may all your birthday wishes come true!

Cory said...

Happy Birthday, Weez - el!

Between you and Reggie Jackson ("Mr. October"), I have to say you're my favorite number 44.

Angela said...

I'm glad to hear you're excited about this birthday. That is an odd number and that makes it even better because most people always have the same lucky numbers. I am one of those, since my birthday is the 21st, I like number 21. Which I wish I had been creative and named my blog pisces21 or something instead of my name...lame. But I've explained it before that my niece created for me and I was under a lot of pressure to name it quick. ha ha I'm blabbing again..I'm good at that. I tell everyone everything all the time. Oh well that's me. And Larry says he likes that about me. So I'll keep it up. :)
Anyway, I love your blogs since I learn a lot about you. I never knew you played HS sports. I liked your opening about when you were born and how much you weighed. We women always tell our birthing stories so it's nice to hear about the moms. Maybe I'll steal that idea for mine. I don't know if I'd dare say it's my birthday. It's one of those "Make me uncomfortable" situations like opening gifts in front of others. I know it's weird.
I also like your travelog. I think you should blog about your over overseas travels. This is a great way to journal. I've started blogging about each of my kids, so I can write personal stuff and funny things they say. I just keep them as a draft and don't publish them. I was going to start one for each of them but that's too much work. Anyway, Happy Birthday yesterday, I thought about you all day wondering what you were doing. I knew I wouldn't be on the comp. so I did all my Happy birthday stuff for you a day early to make sure where ever you went..blog, email or facebook you'd get my message! :) Love you...Love Ang and familia

pcb said...

Coco - only if it is between Reggie and I. If someone else were added to the mix you may not choose me - is that what you're saying?

Becky you are the only person who has commented on my new blog look and I appreciate it because it took me forever! And I wanted you to leave your blog about my birthday front and center for a little longer cause people's comments are too funny. I had to laugh about Aleesha's.

Angela - I am going to have to bring you wrapped gifts from now on just to watch you unwrap it in front of people - that is too funny!

Shaury said...

Happy late birthday Paige! Holy crap you're 44? haha I hope your lucky number 44 idea holds true.

calmrapids said...

I love this post! How fun! I usually pick 4 for my lucky number as well (we really have lots in common!) just check out my "Tag" post. Anyway, Happy Birthday again and enjoy this year!!!

queenbee4 said...

Happy Birthday Paige! Hope you had a great one!

ragslisa said...

I found your page, FINALLY! I'm so excited! You can't possibly be turning 44! I can't believe how old Cam is now! WOW! Thanks for helping with the job, we appreciate any help. Call me when you get back from Phoenix and we can catch up.