Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The organizing bug!

I know it's January and all (touted by most stores to be the month to get organized)- but I have the organizing bug bad! I just feel like dashing around the house and either sorting through things (and eliminating lots!) or straightening them up in a new way or cleaning some nook or cranny that I don't normally get to. I am already a pretty clean person - so why am I having these extra impulses? My mom would say it has something to do with "organizing" my life. She puts a metaphysical spin on everything - but maybe there is something to that. The last few months I have felt like I don't have control of my own life and maybe this is some subconscious way for me to take control again? Who knows - but things sure do feel nice when they are more organized.

6 comments:

calmrapids said...

If you run out of things to organize, come over to my house. I've been 'getting ready' for a garage sale for about 6 months now! Every time I think I'm ready to pull the tables out of the garage and stick out a sign, I clean out another closet or cupboard and add another box or two. It's never-ending over here!

Becky A said...

I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one to say this, but come on up to my house! I have the organizing bug, too, but I will never do it. :(

Shaury said...

I love organizing too, & January is the perfect time of year to do it cause you're stuck inside (at least here in Utah) & setting new year's resolutions kind of creates a chain reaction.

Angela said...

Not me! I still have all my Christmas decor up. Except Larry took down the outside lights. I'm waiting for him to bring in my boxes from the crawl space to put it away...but that isn't the real excuse, I just don't want to. I think my living room is beautiful with the tree and stockings etc. I wish I could clean and organize in winter so I didn't waste my precious warm days inside, but that is how it goes. And our toy room now has our Big screen in it from Christmas so I can't get around in there anyway. I should be on KSL selling it instead of blogging.

Becky A said...

shaury said it well.
I contemplated this post all night at work last night. I think I spend my organizing zest on time. I get enormous satisfaction just by looking at my calendar, all filled out with each family member's activities for the month. I LOVE sitting down with a brand new calendar on January 1.

Angela said...

Happy birthday tomorrow Paige! Do you have to work on your big day? Have a good one. We love you!